How often should I change my door lock? Your home security system is important. If you don’t take care of it, you might get burglarized or someone else could break into your house.
Your door locks are probably one of the most vulnerable parts of your home. They are easily accessible from outside and they are also exposed to the elements. That means they need regular maintenance.
Here’s how to keep them in good shape:
1) Keep a close eye on your door locks. You can do this by checking them regularly. Look for signs that they’re getting worn out. For example, if the keyhole has become loose or the bolts have started to rattle when you turn them, then you may want to replace them.
2) Make sure all the keys are kept together. This will help prevent anyone from picking up the wrong key. Of course, if you have way too many keys, you might want to organize them a little bit. It can be a hassle to find the right key for a single door if you have several dozen jangling keys on your belt.
3) Don’t leave your keys inside your car. It’s easy for someone to steal your car while you’re not looking. It’s also a great way to accidentally get yourself locked out of your own car. If you find yourself locked out of your own car, you could end up needing to smash your car windows. Or, if you don’t want to waste money on windshield repairs, just contact Locks Around the Clock and we’ll get you back inside your car without damaging anything.
4) Change your locks every three years. This gives you more time to make sure your new keys work properly. A great locksmith company like Locks Around the Clock can ensure that you’re only getting the best quality locks every time you get them replaced.
5) Use quality locks. The best ones are made with heavy-duty materials like steel or brass. These types of locks resist damage better than cheaper ones. They’re also less likely to be defective, and won’t get you locked out of your own home.
6) Buy extra keys. Having spare keys on hand helps protect against theft and also helps you in times of forgetfulness. We can get your keys duplicated using durable, quality materials and we can even do at your home, just call us any time and we’ll send one of our mobile locksmiths within an hour.
Remember that a good door lock is your first line of defense against intruders. If you want to protect your property, your belongings, and your family, you should never try to settle for cheap low quality door locks. And you absolutely need to put in the work to maintain the door locks.
Locks Around the Clock provides professional services for residential and commercial customers. Our team of expert locksmiths are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. We offer emergency service and same day service for those who need it.